What is Graphite Foil? - Graphite foil is a pliable graphite material with anisotropic properties similar to pyrolitic graphite. It is a good thermal and electrical conductor within the plane of the surface but a much poorer conductor through the thickness of the material. It also has a surface reflectivity several times that of ordinary graphite.
Graphite foil products are in stock as sheets, discs, rings & rolls in standard, commercial & high purity grades. All items are to customer requirements. Specialty products include gaskets, tape, die cut rings, carbon fiber yarn & foil yarn with cotton or wire core.
Graphite foil is an excellent sealing material for high temperature, high-pressure transfer of liquids, gases, steam, chemicals and corrosives. It is manufactured from high purity, high crystalline natural graphite flakes, which are processed into continuous foil by special acid and thermal treatments to produce expanded graphite crystals. The expanded graphite crystals are then formed into foil through a calendaring process without any resins and binders.
Benefits of using Graphite Foil
- Excellent thermal stability and reflectivity.
- High purity
- Low coefficient of friction & self-lubricating.
- no associated health hazards.
- Low electrical resistivity
- Resistant to high temperature of 450oC in air, 700oC in steam & 3000oC in vacuum (or reducing)
- Chemically inert with pH range of 0-14 (except strong oxidizers such as nitric or sulphuric acid).
- High thermal conductivity
- Highly anisotropic - electrical & thermal properties different parallel to & perpendicular to flakes.
- Excellent in-process longevity ?save replacement and down time costs.
Among others, graphite foil is potentially applicable to high and low temperature gaskets and to lubricate seals. It can be used also in ceramic hot pressing as a protector to punches and dies. Graphite foil also prevents adhesion of ceramic reactions and reduces friction erosion through the pressing and extraction process.
Graphite foil gaskets from Graphite Foil Fabricators Corp. are manufactured from sheet or roll products and will compact under only moderate bolt loads to fill irregularities in nearly all fluid sealing applications. Small, surface irregularities are more easily filled under lighter bolt loads thus reducing the need for costly surface refinishings. Rings that are made of compressed graphite foil are known as Die Formed Rings. As a leading Chinese graphite manufacturer and supplier, if you have any inquiry or demand of the graphite foil and sheet , graphite gasket and so on , please feel free to contact us .